Sunday, August 26, 2007

Making money online ---> my definition

Today, one of my friend ask me about what I'm doing with this blog. I realized that I've never given a detail description about my works and how can I earn money from these kinds of work.
Firstly, I want to emphasize that we can earn money from the Internet by publishing some advertisements on our website. There are many type of Ads: like CPM (cost per thousand impression), o CPA (cost per action, its cost is depended on type of action that a "clicker" has done with their ads). I don't want to talk too much on technique here, we can discuss this later. Now we have a simple idea that's we can have money from ads on our website. So there is some questions needed to be answered.

1. Where can I get my Ads and how can I get paid with these Ads?

There some companies that provide advertise service, we can apply to become a publisher (the one who publish Ads on their own website) or an advertiser (the one who want to advertise about their product). As in one of my post, I've given a list of companies like this (ref by this link). But I propose that you should try first with Google Adsense and BidVertiser, they are easy to used and you can become familiar with a new way of ad.
To become a member of an ads campaign of a company, for example Google Adsense, you have to register with Google. You have to provide your website and your payee information detail. Every month you will receive a cheque from Google (if your revenue is greater than 100$, plz refer to Google Adsense for more details).
When you are already a member of Google Adsense (same for others), you will have the right to generate an Ads Code. There you can customize the preferences of your Ads Code, after that's you can paste this Ads Code to your website and waiting for money flow in to you pocket hehe.

2. What kind of website I should use to publish my Ads?

For most of Vietnamese bloggers, Yahoo 360 seems to be the most popular blog, but unfortunately Yahoo 360 doesn't support inserting Javascript code in their posts and the template customization of the blog isn't flexible. I propose (for Vietnamese blogger only) to use Blogger as their website. Blogger provide many advance tools to manage your blog and it allows javascript code so you can publish your ads easily. For example: when I edit an entry, I switch to HTML mode, and paste the script bellow at the end of the entry.

I'll saw my Ads at the end of my entry. That's quite easy to publish an Ads. But blogger has a limit cause in Vietnam, I don't understand why the ISP VDC doesn't allow access to this site. This site is available with other ISP like Viettel, FPT, SPT. It's a little inconvenient.
For some one want to have a professional site, he has to modify his template, and of course this template can be write in HTML and we can put Ads on this template easily. There are also many sites that provide template for Blogger and we can use it without knowledge of CSS or XML.

It's too late now. I'll talk about my strategies for Blogging and earn money in the next post. Every question is welcome!

No comments:

Butanido - 2007. Template designed by Butanido